Student Development Programs
Programs to Help Fast Track your Career
There are two programs currently available for university graduates — The “Hospira Technical Professional Development Program” and the “Hospira Financial Development Program.”
Technical Professional Development Program
Hospira offers a program designed to provide new graduates with diverse cross-functional business assignments within the Pharmaceutical Operations organization. Upon completion, they are capable of assuming significant roles in Hospira's future business growth.
The Hospira Technical Professional Development Program (TPDP) offers an ideal environment for individuals with a desire to learn and be challenged. Each assignment offers a different business perspective and provides opportunities for innovation.
One of the program objectives is to provide you with the best possible experience out of school to fast track your career. Below are some of the advantages and tools that Hospira provides candidates to help achieve their short and long-term career goals:
- Accelerate your understanding of Operations and Quality through exposure to multiple areas within Hospira’s Pharmaceutical Operations organization
- Connect with Operations leaders who serve as mentors to participants throughout the length of the program
- Network both inside and outside the Operations organization
- Work with senior-level management
- Build strong relationships with current and alumni members of the program through cross training, leadership and social events.
- Enhance interpersonal skill development
- Work with Assignment Managers whose focus is to coach you for career growth
Hospira Financial Development Program
Hospira offers a program designed to help accounting and finance graduates become future business leaders through an intensive two- to three-year rotational program that provides invaluable corporate finance experience.
Hospira’s Finance Development Program (FDP) offers an ideal environment for a future leader with passion, ambition and entrepreneurial spirit.
The Financial Development Program distinguishes itself from other opportunities available to the new graduate by assigning a dedicated senior leader who serves as a Program Manager to each participant.
Upon successful completion of the program, you and your mentor will work together to find the next opportunity that will foster your professional development and satisfy interests you have discovered through your previous rotations.
B.S./B.A. in Accounting or Finance
GPA of 3.0 or higher
Relevant work experience, internships, etc.
Plans to pursue CPA, CMA or other post-graduate degrees & certification
Strong skills in the following areas:
Initiative, adaptability, leadership, communication, organization
Demonstration of Hospira’s core values of integrity, ownership/accountability, speed and entrepreneurial spirit