Your Health and Welfare is a Shared Investment
If it's important to you, it's important to Hospira. Employees are offered an agile yet balanced work atmosphere, as well as incentive compensation and benefits that you'd expect from an industry leader. The company's valuable, competitive program is flexible and easy to understand.
Hospira’s Global Compensation Philosophy
Hospira’s pay philosophy is to drive and motivate exceptional employee performance and reward the individual’s contributions to Hospira results.
Compensation programs to support this philosophy are performance-based and linked to business results. Programs are designed to be competitive and easily understood by employees.
Program components include:
- Competitive total compensation program with base pay at the median and variable pay elements that reward based on Hospira’s success
- As levels increase from manager to senior leadership, a pay mix with increasing emphasis on performance based variable pay in the form of annual bonuses and long-term incentives in the form of stock options and performance share units
- Clearly defined and communicated performance goals and measurements to balance annual operating plans with the need for long-term business growth and/or shareholder returns
- Monetary and non-monetary rewards (“Make a Difference” recognition awards, sales bonus programs) that recognize individual and/or team achievements
- Competitive health and welfare benefits and retirement savings plans
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Consumer-directed medical plan options — a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and a Health Savings Account (HSA) — that allow you the maximum flexibility in managing your health and health care spending
- Extensive preventive care benefits covered at 100%
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Life insurance, short/long-term disability, AD&D
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Program and work/life benefits
Generously Matched 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Immediate vesting
- Numerous investment alternatives
- Loan provisions
Development and Education
Hospira will help you reach and exceed your goals through leadership development, tuition assistance, education reimbursement, and internal courses on regulatory requirements, six sigma, computer and communication skills and other topics.