How Do I Apply For A Position?
We know you aspire to achieve great things in your professional life. Hospira JOBS (Job Opportunity Bulletin System) is your gateway to great career opportunities throughout Hospira. The system puts you in control of selecting career paths and job opportunities that help you achieve your career goals, and gets your credentials in front of the Hospira staffing specialists and managers who make hiring decisions.
Create a User Name and Password:
- The Hospira JOBS system is accessible via http://careers.hospira.com. Once on the site, you can bookmark this URL for easy future access.
- Navigate to the orange “Search + Apply Jobs” button located on the upper right hand side of our career page. You will be directed to our Hospira JOBS gateway.
- The very first time you apply for a position you will need to click on the link to “Create an Account” and enter a user log in name and password. If you are a returning user, you only need to enter your username and password to access the site. This will be your log in information every time you visit our job site.
- Once you have created a username and password, you may begin to search current job openings and apply for open positions by submitting your resume electronically.
Creating a Profile / Applying for a Position:
- Applying for a listed position is easy. After clicking on the “Submit to Job” link, you will be asked to submit an application and submit a resume, which is routed directly to the staffing specialist coordinating the hiring effort for a specific job. Please note, the system will allow you to submit only one application and resume for each job opening. However, there is no limit to the number of positions for which you may apply.
- The very first time you apply for a position you will need to create a profile and enter your resume into the system. A profile includes basic information such as name, email address, contact address and contact phone numbers. The system uses this information to “recognize” you when you log on or apply for open positions.
- Once you have entered your resume and profile into the system, it will be available for you to use (and modify, if you wish) every time you apply for a position.
- You may track your profile completion through the process bar at the top of the page. Use this bar to go back and modify sections you’ve completed.
- You must complete your profile in its entirety as the page will not allow you to save it in process.
How Can I Tell Which Positions Are Open?
- You can view posted positions by clicking on the “Search/Apply” button located on the main menu bar. You can narrow your search by selecting specific criteria such as Job Family, Job Category, Job Type, Site, State, and Country. You can also search for key words or phrases included in the job posting.
- If you find a position that you want to know more about, click on the Job Title to view the position information and requirements.
- If you would like to apply to a certain position(s), click on the “Submit to Job” link.
What Happens After I Submit My Resume? Will I Receive Notification That My Application Has Been Received By The System After I Apply?
- After your application has been submitted, you will receive an automatic response containing a candidate reference number acknowledging that it was received. You will also receive additional communication(s) regarding your application status as decisions are made.
- If you do not receive an automatic response after submitting your resume, and it is not located in your junk mail, most likely you did not fully complete the application process. You may log back into the career site and follow the above steps through completion. Again, you may track your progress through the process bar at the top of the page. The system will not let you submit more than one resume for the same position and will let you know if a resume was received prior.
How Do I Refer A Friend To A Position I See Posted On Your JOBS Site?
- Again, you can view posted positions by clicking on the “Search/Apply” button located on the main menu bar. You can narrow your search by selecting specific criteria such as Job Family, Job Category, Job Type, Site, State, and Country. You can use also search for key words or phrases included in the job posting.
- If you find a position that you would like to send to a friend, click on the “Send to Friend” button and complete the form with your friend’s name and email address. Your friend will receive an automatic email with the selected job description and directions on how to apply to that job.
How Do I Set Up An Email Alert Notifying Me Of Future Openings?
- You can set up an email alert notifying you of future openings. When you do your first search, you will have an opportunity to utilize the “Search Agent Manager” function. The search agent will notify you by email of positions that may be of interest to you. You can set up this search agent based on location, Job Family, Job Category, Job Type, Site, State, and Country. You can also search for key words or phrases included in the job posting. You may create multiple search agents.
- Each time you log into the career site, you can manage your search agent criteria via the “Search Agent Manager,” which will allow you to create, edit and run your saved searches. Saved searches can be configured to have the newest results of your search emailed to you on a regular basis.
If I Am Called In For An Interview, Is There Anything I Should Do To Prepare?
- If you are called for an interview, we recommend that you spend time researching our company, company news, our values, our culture and our industry.
- Be prepared to discuss why you are interested in the position and why you believe your experience and background may best impact our business, company and culture. Show how you’re prepared to meet the job’s challenges.
- Identify examples of your successes or leadership experiences, including accomplishments, results and lessons learned.
- Make a list of thoughtful and probing questions to ask during your interview. We are interviewing you for the position but we want you to interview us as well. Come curious!
- Dress appropriately and arrive at least 15 minutes early. Bring at least one extra copy of your resume with you to the interview.
- Most importantly, have fun. Use your interview to gain experience, network with colleagues and learn more about your own strengths and weaknesses.
We look forward to your resume submission and to helping us to Make a Difference.