IV Clinical Integration
Improving Medication Management
Close the gap between your care team, patients and medication management. Hospira’s IV Clinical Integration solutions connect the medication order with the IV pump, patient information and electronic medical record (EMR) enabling seamless, near real-time sharing of patient and medication information helping to improve patient safety, workflow and cost efficiency.
Hospira offers various IV Clinical Integration solutions that include functionality to enable the pump to be automatically programmed directly from the physician’s order with Auto-Programming and Medication ID Programming, as well as automatically document infusion information in the EMR with Auto-Documentation.*
It’s as simple as scan, scan, scan, verify and go
Hospira is the leader1 and first IV infusion pump provider with live integrated sites. While IV Clinical Integration technology is a relatively new innovation, early adopting institutions report very positive results. In these facilities, IV Clinical Integration is impacting the three areas most important to you: safety, efficiency and cost**.
- Reduced manual steps from 17 to 72
- Reduced heparin errors by 32%2
- Reduced time to document a code blue from 120 minutes to 5 minutes3
- Saved an estimated $6.8 million in prevented adverse drug events4
- “Smart Pumps 2012: Wireless Technology and EMR Integration,” LVP Smart Pumps, April 2012:22, 32. © 2012 KLAS Enterprises, LLC. All rights reserved. www.KLASresearch.com
- Prusch AE, Suess TM, Paoletti RD, Olin ST, Watts SD. Integrating technology to improve medication administration. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2011;68(9):835-842.
- Cerner Corporation. Closing the Loop in IV Medication Administration. Kansas City, MO: Cerner Corporation; 2011.
- Ford D, Luttrell N. Leadership in patient safety: IV pump autoprogramming. Paper presented at: Cerner Health Conference; October 2009; Kansas City, MO.