LifeShield™ Genie™ Closed Vial Access Device
Intuitively Designed for Control and Confidence
Our solutions help you manage your IV risks. The Hospira LifeShield™ Genie™ needle-free vial access device provides the control and confidence you can rely on for the safe preparation of hazardous drugs. Engineered for contamination control and heightened performance, the LifeShield Genie:
- Creates a closed system that reduces the risk of escaped fluids and aerosols1
- Automatically equalizes vial pressure to reduce the risk of spill and needlesticks2
- Provides easy, safe disposal with the vial when it is empty or expired per your facility’s protocol
To put LifeShield Genie to work for your facility, contact your Hospira sales representative or contact us directly at 1-877-946-7747.
- NIOSH Alert: Preventing Occupational Exposures to Antineoplastic and Other Hazardous Drugs in Health Care Settings. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Web site. http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2004-165/. Accessed September 17, 2012.
- Data on file. Genie 510(k) ICU Medical, Inc.