Antimicrobial Clave™ Connector
Enhanced Protection against Bacterial Contamination
When it comes to limiting bacteria contamination, design matters. Our Antimicrobial Clave™ needle-free connector integrates an antimicrobial ionic silver additive to improve the barrier against microbial ingress. During the production process, ionic silver is impregnated into both the split-septum silicone seal and internal blunt cannula of the Antimicrobial Clave, which provides an even and continuous distribution of silver ions throughout the 96-hour use life.1 The Antimicrobial Clave connector is approved for use on all peripheral, arterial and central venous catheters.
Innovative Features Reduce Infection Risk
- Passive technology cannot accept a needle, ensuring compliance with needle-free policies
- No additional components or adapters are required to access the device
- Split-septum is noted in the CDC guidelines as a preferred design feature for connectors2
- Straight fluid path allows for clearing of blood and blood residual with low flush volumes1
- Minimal dead space (also referred to as residual volume) of 0.06 mL allows for lower flush volumes
- Flat, smooth swabbable surface makes disinfection easy
- Supports a saline flush option, which helps decrease the risk of Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT)
- Clamping sequence not required, reducing educational burden and risk of error
- Cleared for use with power injectors1
Take protection against bacteria to the next level with Antimicrobial Clave. For more information, contact your Hospira sales representative or contact us at 1-877-946-7747.
- ICU Medical, Inc. ICU Medical web site. http://icumedical.com/products/infusion-therapy/needlefree-vascular-access-devices/antimicrobial-clave.aspx. Accessed September 17, 2012.
- Guideline for the Prevention of Intravascular Catheter-Related Bloodstream Infections. Final Issue Review. http://www.cdc.gov/hicpac/pdf/ BSI_guideline_IssuesMay17final.pdf. Published May 17, 2010. Accessed September 7, 2012.