Spiros™ Closed Male Luer
The Heart of the ChemoClave™ Series
Part of the ChemoClave™ Series, the Spiros™ needle-free connector is engineered for the safe handling of hazardous drugs. Active only when attached to a standard luer-activated, needle-free connector, it features automatic self-sealing technology and closes in case of accidental disconnection. Spiros helps make IV risks more manageable.
- Contains swabbable, DEHP-free components for use with antineoplastic drugs1,2
- Designed to reduce leakage during transport, thereby increasing safety2
- Remains closed until attached to a standard luer-activated needle-free connector2
- Closed system design prevents leakage and drug vapor escape2
To put the ChemoClave Series and Spiros to work for your healthcare organization, contact your Hospira sales representative or call us today at 1-877-946-7747.
- ICU Medical, Inc. http://icumedical.com/products/oncology/chemoclave-system-components/spiros.aspx. Accessed May 10, 2012.
- Data on file. Spiros 510k. ICU Medical, Inc.