MicroClave™ + MicroClave™ Clear Neutral Displacement Connector
Designed with Contamination Control in Mind
Help improve patient outcomes by providing a safe and effective needle-free barrier against bacteria. Hospira MicroClave™ and MicroClave™ Clear neutral displacement connectors are designed specifically for contamination control, needlestick prevention and heightened performance in IV drug delivery. The clear choice to help reduce the risk of catheter-related bloodstream infections (CRBSIs), the MicroClave Clear connector will help you better protect patients and clinical staff.
A Safe, Trusted Design
- Closed device with internal fluid pathway and minimal residual volume offers significant protection from catheter tip and hub colonization1
- Split-septum design, preferred by CDC over mechanical valves, maintains a microbiological barrier proven to reduce contamination of CVCs2,3
- Does not require a change in clinical practice or technique
- No clamping sequence minimizes risk of error and learning curve
- Clear housing permits visual confirmation of flush after use with medications or blood.
MicroClave connectors can be used on peripheral, arterial and central venous catheters for the administration of IV fluids or medications, and can be used with blood products.
To invest in IV safety, contact a Hospira sales representative or call us at 1-877-946-7747.
- Bouza E, Muñoz P, López-Rodriguez J, et al. A needleless closed system device (CLAVE) protects from intravascular catheter tip and hub colonization: a prospective randomized study. J Hosp Infect. 2003;54(4):279-287.
- Guideline For The Prevention Of Intravascular Catheter-Related Bloodstream Infections. Final Issue Review. May 17, 2010. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Web site. www.cdc.gov/hicpac/pdf/BSI_guideline_IssuesMay17final.pdf. Accessed September 7, 2012.
- Data on file. Extended Use Microbial Challenge and Disinfection Study of the Clave Connector. ICU Medical, Inc.